Perform some advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Make certain you analyse the question well and then paraphrase it in the introduction. This type of question asks concerning the pros and cons and a significant word let me reveal “ outweigh“. The question asks if advantages are more powerful than the disadvantages so you need certainly to here give your opinion.
Some students just write about the benefits only but that is a wrong approach and you could lose marks. The essay will need balance. The initial body paragraph could possibly be concerning the upside in addition to second body paragraph may be in regards to the downsides together with your opinion through the essay that is whole.
Lots of students fail to give their opinion in this sort of essay, or maybe they just give their opinion briefly within the conclusion. Your situation should be clear through the entire essay.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. Write your opinion within the thesis statement. 2. Make sure you state your opinion in the introduction, main body as well as the conclusion. 3. Give specific examples through the essay but be mindful of giving too much information. Keep it simple and overly do not complicate it. 4. Be sure the essay is balanced, not merely currently talking about advantages only.
Listed here are 2 possible structures for this particular task:
Note: Structures are just guidelines to help you plan your essay out, there’s no special magic structure that may enable you to get a Band 7, there are lots of methods to structure an essay.
Many people believe that consumption tax on food items is a good way to raise revenue for the government.
Talk about the pros and cons for this policy
This particular essay will not ask for the opinion, it is more like a discussion essay and that means you need to write about benefits and drawbacks, you can see that the question does not ask : can you think…? or Do you agree or disagree…? / What will be your opinion ? And this is not asking a opinion that is direct.
First analyse the question and then paraphrase it. The essay needs to be well balanced just like in example 1 with explanations on how its an edge or disadvantage. Don’t just talk about advantages, give both sides within the essay. In conclusion is just a listing of the points which you produced in your body paragraphs.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. 2. Give one illustration of the advantages in main body paragraph 1, after that provide one of these associated with the disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Do not give your personal opinion due to the fact question does not ask because of it. 4. Give good examples for the essay but be cautious of giving information that is too much. Ensure that it stays simple, be careful about giving way too many examples too. 5. make certain the essay is balanced pay for essay, not just writing about advantages only.
Let me reveal a good structure for this sort of task:
These days with advances in technology a lot more people will work from your home.
Talk about the advantages and disadvantages with this and give your own opinion
This essay type is very much like example 1, here you must give your opinion and talk about the pros and cons, the difference that is main to example 1 is that it generally does not mention the word outweigh. The thing that is main look out for may be the words Discuss and Give your own opinion. Just like in example 1 you will need to paraphrase the question, give a balanced approach in the main body paragraphs and give your opinion into the introduction and again when you look at the conclusion.
The examiner has to see your opinion through the entire whole essay.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. 2. Give one example of the advantages in main body paragraph 1, after that provide an example of the disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Make sure you state your opinion into the introduction, main body and the conclusion. 4. Give specific examples when you look at the essay but be cautious of giving information that is too much. Keep it simple. 5. Make sure the essay is balanced, not merely currently talking about advantages only.
What structure can I use?
Structures are just guidelines to help you plan your essay out , there isn’t any special magic structure that may get you a high score. I will suggest 2 body paragraphs because of this variety of essay but you can use 3 main body paragraphs if you want, no more than that.
- In main body paragraph 1 it is possible to write on a plus and explain it further, always don’t forget to give an example of the advantage. When possible come up with the outcome of the advantage. Main body 2 is similar, write on one disadvantage with examples and details.
- You need to give your opinion in the introduction in the event that question asks for the opinion. You may also make use of the main body paragraphs to back your opinion up. You should rephrase your view into the conclusion also.
A key point to keep in mind. Try not to give examples that are too many you might set off track, stick to one advantage and one disadvantage and talk about those. You haven’t got time to get into way too much detail or into tangents, don’t try to impress the examiner with too information that is much.
Plan your essay well, set aside ten minutes planning time, think about at the least one supporting point for your topic sentence in each body paragraph that is main.